I love this. The bright colours.
I really like the bright colours and the really interesting designs for the year. It is very eye-catching.
4) Now select ONE designer or company that you find particularly inspiring. Choose THREE pieces of design (these might be separate items or three campaigns of linked items) and make analysis of each of these:
- Why do you like it find it inspiring?
I liked the strong shape and outline of the design. The photos used inside are bright and eye-catching. Design plus nature equals a very good result.
- What is the message/purpose of the piece?
The ‘N’ is the ‘N’ in the word natural. So this piece of design is a logo and identity for the Natural History Museum.
- Who is the audience and HOW does it hail the audience?
The audience is anyone who visits the Natural History Museum or their website so that will be any student, teacher, tourist or families. I think this design hails the audience quite loudly and confidently. This design is trying to get your attention with a high impact, bright, eye-catching design. This design says ‘Look at nature now!’.
- In what ways would you say it is innovative (if it is) OR why is it appropriate for this piece to use traditional conventions?
Although I’m sure this technique has been used before, for me at least I think this design is innovative. This is because the shape the ‘N’ has taken looks very modern. I like the way the stems have two rounded terminals.
- Outline the signifiers and how they tell you anything about the signified meaning – look at things like messages, narrative, quality, hailing and anything else that you deduce.
This design is a symbol and its meaning will be known by anyone who can read. The images on nature inside the ‘N’ give an idea of what can be seen inside the museum or on the website.
- Would you say that this designer or design company has a recognisable style – if so describe why this is, or say why this is not the case.
This piece fits in with the East Thames Office piece because both have thick typography. The London Eye Clinic piece stands out from the group.